Step Up Your Weight Loss: Walking 15000 Steps a Day. Are you looking for an effective way to lose weight and improve your overall health? Walking may be just the solution you need! In fact, by walking 15000 steps a day, you can significantly increase your calorie burn and reap numerous benefits for your cardiovascular health, mental wellbeing, and energy levels. In this article, we’ll dive into the many benefits of walking 15000 steps a day for weight loss and health. Things I also talk about in my books, mainly my bestselling book “Walk yourself slim & happy”. So, let’s step up and discover how walking can help you achieve your fitness goals! Walking is one of the most accessible and effective ways to improve your overall health and fitness. Not only does it help you burn calories and lose weight, but it also has numerous benefits for your heart, lungs, and mental wellbeing. In this article, I’ll discuss how walking 15000 steps a day can help you lose weight and how to make it a part of your daily routine.
Why 15000 Steps?
The American Heart Association recommends that adults aim for at least 150 minutes of moderate-intensity aerobic exercise per week. This translates to about 10,000 steps per day, which is a great starting point for most people. However, if you want to take your weight loss to the next level, you might want to aim for 15000 steps instead.
Research has shown that walking 15000 steps per day can significantly increase your calorie burn, which can help you shed those extra pounds. Depending on your weight and walking speed, you can burn anywhere from 300 to 600 calories per hour of walking. Therefore, by walking 15000 steps a day, you can burn up to 750 calories or more, depending on your pace and terrain. I explain in detail how this can work for you in my book.
Those 5,000 more really make a difference and it’s so simple! With an open mind and a lot of smart tips, you can make it work for you too. I originally developed the method for myself because I have a sedentary job and had to find a way to incorporate exercise into my busy schedule since turning 40 I had to keep my figure in shape. But when I see the results of my clients, followers and readers every day, I see that it WORKS. And that makes me intensely happy!
Step Up Your Weight Loss: Walking 15000 Steps a Day: How to
Walking 15000 steps a day may seem like a daunting task, but it’s actually easier than you might think. Here are some tips to help you get there:
- Start Slowly: If you’re not used to walking, start with a manageable goal, like 5000 steps per day, and gradually increase your step count each week. But be consistent. Moving every day is a MUST!
- Make it a Habit: Find ways to incorporate walking into your daily routine. For example, take a brisk walk during your lunch break, walk to the grocery store instead of driving, or take a stroll after dinner. In my method you learn to integrate walking into your day step by step and it doesn’t even have to be at 1 time to get results for your fitness, weight or mental well-being. The method works for ANYONE, no matter how busy you are in life.
- Use an activity tracker: A pedometer, smart watch like Apple Watch or activity ring like Oura, can help you keep track of your step count and motivate you to reach your daily goal. If you don’t like notifications and the hassle of wearing a smart watch then I think Oura-ring is the best and most elegant option here.
- Mix it Up: Don’t stick to the same route or terrain every day. Mix it up by taking different paths, hills, or stairs to challenge your body and prevent boredom.
- Listen to an inspirational podcast. I myself already learned so much by listening to business podcasts where I get so many tips and ideas each time that I grow my business through my daily walks as well. Do I have a problem that I just can’t seem to solve? Well, walking helps me a lot more than sitting at my desk.
- Join a Walking Group…. Or not: Joining a walking group or finding a walking buddy can help you stay motivated and accountable. BUT it can also be the biggest excuse NOT to walk. I see in my practice that people often give up the daily walking routine in my method because their walking buddy doesn’t come anymore. A change of lifestyle must come from within yourself, that is why one of the 7 pillars in my method TAKE YOU TIME is all about YOU and the sabotaging elements that keep you from living the healthy and abundant life you were meant to live.
Benefits of Walking 15000 Steps a Day
Walking 15000 steps a day can have numerous benefits for your health and wellbeing, including:
- Weight Loss: Walking 15000 steps a day can help you burn more calories and lose weight. 10k is already great and a good start for my clients but adding more does make a HUGE difference! People who have read and put into practice what I write about in my book “Walk yourself slim and happy.” Send me messages all the time about significant weightloss even when they haven’t made any other lifestyle changes. Get my bestselling book HERE through Amazon.
- Improved Cardiovascular Health: Walking regularly can help improve your heart health by reducing your risk of heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure. You will also see that if you start my method and follow through consistently you will also finish your daily rounds faster and faster. Your overall condition/fitness level will improve day by day.
- Better Mental Health: Walking can help reduce stress, anxiety, and depression, and improve your overall mood and wellbeing. I have gotten so many clients off sleep aids and anti-depressants (in collaboration with their doctor and therapist) that I am totally convinced of the effect of exercise and walking in the fresh outdoors on your mental well-being.
- Increased Energy: Walking can help boost your energy levels and reduce fatigue, making it easier to stay active throughout the day. So goodbye to that nodding off at your desk. Taking a walk in your lunch break is smarter than going out to a restaurant or sitting on your lazy ass again in the cafeteria 😜
- Better sleep: Regular exercise, such as walking, can help improve your sleep quality and duration, which has numerous benefits for your overall health and gives you a fresher look and fewer wrinkles. I wear very little makeup because I simply don’t need it. It usually sticks to mascara, eyebrow mascara and a caring lip gloss. Otherwise, I owe my fresh blush and beautiful skin to my lifestyle method with its 7 pillars in which walking is a very important link.
Walking 15000 steps a day can be an effective way to lose weight, improve your cardiovascular health, boost your energy levels, and improve your overall wellbeing. By starting slowly, making it a habit, using a tracker, mixing it up, and joining a walking group (or not), you can make walking a part of your daily routine and reap the many benefits it has to offer. So why not lace up your shoes and start walking your way to better health today! If you want to read more on the subject of walking for mental and physical wellbeing then you could also read my article on the best walking speed for weightloss.
My name is Lies Helsloot and I call myself the first TAKE YOU TIME™ Mentor. I am the author of 3 books (“Walk Yourself Slim & Happy. How taking More Steps can Change Your Life”, “Move yourself slim and happy”(English translation coming soon) and “The Complete Guide to healthy Hair“), I blog here at takeyoutime.com and coach individual clients, groups and companies around the world to live a happy, healthy life and more work-life balance with my 7-step concept of self-care called TAKE YOU TIME™. For more motivation and free training and challenges, be sure to sign up for the newsletter on this site and follow me on Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Or get in touch to know about my online- and coaching programs.
Some of the content on my website is sponsored content but I only promote products and services that I truly trust and use for myself, my family or my clients.0