Get long hair fast.
How can I grow my hair longer and faster??? That is one of the most frequently asked questions I get into my mailbox! So about time to write an article on it. Growing long hair fast is as easy as 1,2,3 with my 3-step approach. It is all about the combination of 3 powerful building steps that go back to my 3-step system I describe in my book “The complete guide to healthy hair. A 3-step program to heal your hair.” (TIP: you can download a free sample copy if you subscribe to my newsletter!)
In this article I will show you my best of advice so you can use it to grow your hair long faster. In this part 1 of the article I start with the first building block: your nutrition plan. You can use all the products in the world, but if you don’t take care of yourself from the inside out, you cannot grow long and healthy hair. So here are my tips for better nutrition to get that long rapunzel hair:
Drink plenty of water of light herbal teas to hydrate your hair. For hair support I suggest you take a look at the recipe in my book for a hair-supporting teablend I have created myself.
- Eat more protein:
Protein is what your hair is built of, so you need a lot of it for your hair to grow long, shiny and healthy. I don’t mean you have to eat a shipload of meat – I just point out that you need to have a healthy form of protein at the center of most of your meals. I don’t think you really need a protein supplement unless you seriously work out a lot or if your body needs to recover after a stressful time like after giving birth.
- If you’re a meat lover, enjoy, beef, chicken, fish, pork, and other types of meat.
- Whip up a healthy omelet. Eggs are a tasty source of protein.
- Beans and legumes are the vegetarian must-have for protein if you don’t eat meat
- Start your day with a healthy bowl of protein-packed Greek yoghurt, high in protein. Add some berries, fruit and oats for a breakfast that will fuel you for hours. (your hair will be fueled as well!)
- Get your omega 3’s and sufficient healthy fats: This “good” fat contributes to healthy, shiny hair and skin. It is present in a number of delicious foods like nuts (walnuts!), avocados, wild salmon, flaxseed oil and seeds, chia seeds and more. You can also take a fish oil supplement, like I do, if you want an extra boost or just to make sure you have enough of it. I am in my forties now and as you can see in my pictures this has also helped me to keep my skin supple and almost wrinkle free. (None of the photos of myself on this website are photoshopped!) And please: don’t go on a low-fat diet!
- Take a multi-vitamin: take a daily full spectrum vitamin blend like life extension’s mix or two-per-day which will provide you with all the minerals and vitamins you need to support your system and fuel your hair. (B-vitamins especially biotin, zinc, C, …)
- Supplements containing: collagen and silicium. Although I find it hard to get a high quality collagen supplement here in Belgium and the good ones from the USA are hard to get here. Maybe I should make my own supplement containing all the above to help your grow healthy hair?